Sunday 3 November 2013

Currently Coveting: Balenciaga City Bag

{ image by WhatIBoughtToday }

The year was 2006 and I had just discovered the existence of celebrity gossip blogs (JustJared and Perezhilton) when I first laid eyes on a beautiful Balenciaga City bag on the arm of Nicole Richie. It was a love affair from that moment on. Back then I was a (starving) student in university and the idea of buying any purse with a price tag over $500 was simply out of the budget (little did I know that these purses cost way more than $500).

The simple yet classic structure of the bag is what I love most about it. It doesn't have large embellishments nor is it embossed with logos that scream "look at me!" like some of the other designer purses have. For this reason, the City is a very sensible choice for the office. The leather is buttery to the touch and only gets better with age. What else could I ask for in a bag!?!

Fast-forward to 2012. I was on my way home from a quick stop at Zara when I suddenly found myself reaching for the doors at Holt Renfrew. I couldn't fight the urge to step in and take a quick looksy at the Balenciaga section. Needless to say, I walked out with the Town and not the City. Don't get me wrong, I love my Town for my body frame (I'm 5"2), but after having it for more than a year, I can't help but regret not getting the City instead. So back to saving up my pennies!!

Here's the purse in action:

{image by www.matchesfashion.com }



4 comments:

  1. I have to say I have a similar love affair with the bag! But for me it was Mary-Kate Olsen who made me crave the bag (and I still do!) Love your blog...hope you keep writing more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet, Tracey! Thanks for stopping by :)

      P.S. I love the Olsen twins!!!

      Delete
  2. it really is a great bag, but I think the town is just as nice as the city!

    Emmett - Hippie Lace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree! The only "bad" thing about the Town is its size. It's a great bag if you're just carrying around the essentials (wallet, small makeup bag, etc.). For this reason, the City would be a better bag if you're toting around bigger items like a book, iPad, or agenda.

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete